The Specialized Trading and Contracting Company is one of the companies that has high experience in the construction of many large projects. The rubber expansion joints are made of elastomer, and it is a type of soft rubber that was made in Germany. This type of rubber is one of the types with great resistance, as it With a high thermal coat and great compressive strength, rubber joints are used in order to reduce the loads on the bridges, as it has a high ability to prevent vibration that arises as a result of the movement of the bridge, and thus helps to protect the structures against environmental factors. Expansion joints are important in the construction of bridges and reduce of maintenance costs, and is also beneficial in extending the life of the structure.
Expansion joints are one of the most important means of dealing with different climatic conditions, for example, the change in temperature or storms, and it is one of the best options to prevent the occurrence of stress as a result of contraction expansion, and the geometrical shape of the bridge affects the removal of joints.
Advantages of expansion joints of the Specialized Trading and Contracting Compan
- High resistance against shock loads caused by the movement of wheels on the bridge.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Low weight.
- Great resistance against corrosion and various environmental conditions.
- Waterproofing suitable for expansion joints.
- High flexibility.
- High resistance of the structure to change in temperature.
- Increase the life of the structure.
- Increase the life of the bridge.
- Increased resistance to stretching and contraction.
- Switch easily.
Applications of expansion joints Al-Mukhasas Trading and Contracting Company
Expansion joints are used for all structures, especially bridges, so the products are characterized by great strength and many other advantages. You can use them in some concrete structures, railway bridges, car parks, etc., but the most common use is in bridges.
Expansion joints are also used to ensure that:
- Increasing the resistance of bridge slabs and bearings and reducing self-loads.
- Increase the life of structures.
- An increase in the plasticity of the bridge as a result of expansion and contraction.
- Repair of cracks that occur in the bridge floor.
- Create expansion joints.
Installation of expansion joints
- The first stage: Lay the steel plate and pave the pavement, and remove the concrete layer 65-70 cm wide at the area where the expansion meets.
- The second stage: Lay the reinforcing wire to connect the concrete reinforcement with the reinforced concrete reinforcements.
- The third stage: Put the separator at the beginning of the geometric dimensions of the separator, taking into account the possibility of pouring the powder and glue in order to connect the old concrete with the modern concrete.
- Step Four: Mark the holes on the fresh plaster or glue, according to the holes in the spacer rubber.
- Step 5: Drill a 20mm diameter and 170mm deep and 16mm galvanized bolt using glue.
- Step 6: Apply a curtain or PVC insulation cloth to the glue layer, to direct the surface water out of the expansion joint system.
- Seventh step: The surface used in constructing the plastic expansion joints shall be soft and clean and shall not contain any dust or oils.It shall also be taken into account to fill the holes with components from the company.
- Fill the gaps and cracks in the joints with a glue that works to prevent leakage, and is characterized by its high performance.
- The shearing grinder may be used to cut the expansion joint, while observing all safety standards, taking care not to cut this product with extreme heat.
In this article, we got acquainted with some information about the expansion joints, and also explained the advantages of the expansion joints of the Specialized Trading and Contracting Company, as well as the applications of the expansion joints of the Specialized Company, in addition to the installation of expansion joints, we hope that you have benefited from this article.